Thursday, August 9, 2007

ALIA Retirees Treasurer - Faye Lawrence

In her own words, "I retired in mid 2006 , having worked in public and university libraries in Sydney and Papua New Guinea almost all my working life and I certainly agree with Pat Gallaher’s sentiments about it having been a marvellous career. I now find that I am even more interested in libraries as an avid user on the other side of the counter. I think the concept of Great Libraries for society is as important as ever. So I am very pleased that ALIA has agreed to sponsor our Retirees Group and its E-List because I think there could be benefits in our Staying Connected both for the Association and its aims as a whole, as well as to those of us who have had such a strong interest over many years." We should also mention that in 1991 ALIA conferred the distinction of fellow on Faye.

No comments: